Office and Accounts Assistant
Job Title/Vacancy: Office and Accounts Assistant
Reports to: Finance Manager
Hours: Part time (16 – 20 hours per week)
Enigen are seeking a part time Office and Accounts Assistant to support our Finance Manager and team with a range of administration and finance activities. This role is based in our Colchester office, however the postholder will also interact with Enigen colleagues based around the country, as well as customers and external stakeholders.
- Review and approval of employee company expenses using our internal systems, including extracting and recording the VAT accordingly on a fortnightly basis in line with expense runs.
- Ensuring all billable expenses are charged back to relevant customer on a monthly basis.
- Track expenses related to specific projects and work.
- Company credit card reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- File accounting records/ supplier invoices and archive accordingly (online on our Company Sharepoint and hard copies for auditing purposes).
- Producing reports (timesheets and expenses reports).
- Raising Purchase Orders (PO) when required.
- Credit control, chasing outstanding invoices when required.
- Issuing invoices to customers when required.
- Providing office support, including answering phone, filing and administrative duties.
- Ordering/ booking office supplies and company travel.
The list of key responsibilities is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.
Required / desirable experience and skills:
- Proven competency to handle confidential/ sensitive personal information in an appropriate and secure manner.
- Experience with bookkeeping practices (desirable).
- An ability to work accurately and systematically, with excellent attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Proactive nature, with an eagerness to learn.
Benefits: Private Health, Group Pension Plan, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme.
How to apply: Please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or apply directly via the website